Thursday, February 3, 2011

Try It

1999


Watching my three-year-old brush his teeth is always interesting. One time he was trying to squeeze toothpaste out of a tube that was almost empty. He struggled and struggled. I just wanted to take it and do it for him and I knew I just couldn't. So many times with our children we think it would be easier to just do it for them. I know if I always do it for my kids they won't learn how themselves. I know that it is fun for them to explore and experiment, but I think they won't do it right (my way) or they will make a big mess I have to clean up. As a mom I am learning to step back and let things happen. It may not be my way (or perfect, but who is) it may be done a little awkward and it may even make a mess. But if they try it, right there they have accomplished something. In order for them to learn and explore they have to try and if they never try that alone would be a shame. If they had fun and learned something...well that is an added benefit, now they have accomplished something more. Next time it will be just a little easier and less messy and chances are it WON"T be MY way. It will be their own way as they become independent. As a mom I have to let them be an individual and let them do it their way.


1Corinthians 14:12
So it is with you. Since you are eager to have spiritual gifts, try to excel in gifts that build up the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment