Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just Say I Love You

6/9/99

A couple weeks ago my daughter, who is five, and I sat down to do her bible study lesson. At the end of every lesson there are questions, some are referring to the content and some are thought based.

She always surprises me with her answers. One time in particular she had a better answer than I could have come up with. The question was if you could ask Jesus anything right now what would you ask him? She said, "I love you."

And I said, "No, what would you ASK him?"

She said, "I love you. I would just say I love you."

I thought how simple. I was so impressed with her pure heart. There was nothing important enough to say but I love you. My mind was racing on different questions until she said that. Then I stopped and prayed "God please help me to keep my mind that simple."

We should never let the things of the earth be in so much control that we waste our precious time asking questions that don't matter in the end. Just say I love you.

Luke 18:16-17
But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the "food for thought" this morning. I always joke that "I'm going to ask the Lord about that when I get to Heaven," but really, there won't be much to say when I do arrive there! Just awe, and peace, and love.

    Love,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete