Friday, February 11, 2011

All My Might

11/14/99

The other day my 3-year-old son and I were sitting in the car waiting for my daughter to get out of school. John was sitting in his booster seat in the back and he asked, "Can I get out of my seat?"

I said, "Yes, if you can open it yourself."

He replied, "I can't. "

I mentioned, "If you pull will all your might then maybe you will be able to open it."

He declared, "I will use one of my mights to open it." And  so he tried with one of his mights and it didn't work so he declared, "I will try two of my mights. " And again he tried to open it with two of his mights. He again remarked, "I can't do it."

I again mentioned, "You should use ALL of your might to open it."

So he proceeded to use all his might and he opened it. He exclaimed, "I used all my mights and I opened it, mom!"

It is like us with God, sometimes we don't give him our all. We tend to go at Christianity with only one or two of our mights, instead of, all our might. God asks us to give him our all. Give Christianity all your might and see what a difference it makes.

Mark 12:30
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment