Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Live Smart

4/6/99

When I was 20 I thought I had all the answers for life. I even made a list of 10 rules to live by. A few were not bad but a few were well...I knew it all. My number ten was "live life to the fullest, you only live once". Reading this only seven years later and I disagree. Yes, we should live life to the fullest but we should live smart. Think about it, we never know when our time is up. How do we want to be remembered: Do you want to be remembered as irresponsible, a drunk, a goof off, lazy, lonely? This list could go on and on. I personally would like to be remembered as a woman of God, like someone who really loved and lived for God. So yes let's all live our lives to the fullest for God. Live smart not foolish.

Galatians 6:7-8
Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor. Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit will reap eternal life.

This is my added note for Feb. 8, 2011.  I am pretty sure in 1999 I still thought I had all the answers.  As I was growing in the Lord and seeking His ways I proudly thought I had "arrived" somewhere.  I now wish I was only half as wise as I thought I was.  As I read now and study God's word I am learning and growing and I pray that I continue the rest of my days to learn and grow; I also pray that I am not so proud as to think I have "arrived" with all the answers.  God is pretty amazing with His steadfast love for me and His patience with me as I tend to put myself on a pedestal, but thank you God for your kindness of knocking me off.  Romans 2:4 Or do you presume on the riches of His kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance? I am grateful to know that in the next 12 years that God will still be teaching and training me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment