Friday, February 4, 2011

The "Good Life"

Feb. 1999

I miss you Father for I've been gone. I know you were there but I was facing the wrong direction.

I walked away Father. I thought I could do it on my own. I thought I could handle all the world had to offer. I thought I was living the "good life". I walked around daily without thinking of You or listening to You, Father. When I did hear You, I refused to turn around, I just kept my back to You. I would go to church  occasionally and I would say, "this is good, I should do this more often." Then I walked back to the "good life".

I found myself confused and surrounded by all the wrong people and all the wrong...well everything. I could stand in a room full of people and be very lonely and wonder what I needed. I would keep looking for something. I didn't know what I was looking for, but I knew something was missing. There was a hole in my life. At this point in my life I didn't know You anymore. I didn't know how to hear you. I almost forgot You were there.

I started back to church and I wasn't sure why. I said different excuses why, but now I know why. It was You, Father. You were pulling me back. I then realized what I was missing but I still didn't know what to do. I started praying a lot and I tried to make sure I was around people who knew and loved You. I needed the encouragement, and before I knew it I wasn't lonely anymore. The hole in my life was filled.

I learned to trust and rely on You, Father. I learned that what I thought was the "good life" was just an empty, lonely place.

There is only one way to live the true good life and that is through You, Father. Once my life was back on track and I let You be in control the "good life" wasn't so appealing.

I love You, Father and I'm here to stay. Being away is too painful. Now I'm facing You. Now I'm facing the right direction.

2 John 1:9
For if you wander beyond the teaching of Christ you will not have fellowship with God. But if you continue in the teaching of Christ you will have fellowship with both the Father and the Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment