Tuesday, February 21, 2012

It is NOT about me!

This is not an old writing of mine, it is just a thought from devotions this morning.

Matt.16:24-25
Then Jesus told His disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.  For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

In Acts, it tells of Paul and Silas being severely beaten and thrown in prison, their response is (16:25) About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them.

To get to a place where all my circumstances are about Christ rather than myself.  If only I could keep my eyes steadily fixed on Christ rather than what is happening around or to me.  I am quite sure Paul and Silas were not given hot showers, some Advil for the pain, and comfy clothes before they were thrown into their cell.  I am quite sure their surroundings were not "happy and comfortable".  They were stripped and bloody, I would imagine they were exhausted and hurting (physically), but they praised God and not quietly so no one could hear, but out loud praises to God.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back. =) I can't help but wonder if the singing and praising loudly would have released a bunch of endorphins and then became their painkiller. (At least for a time.)

    ReplyDelete